Oct 7, 2013
Version 5 includes a new product ATENA Studio, which brings the run-time control and post-processing comfort to a new level, which surpasses the high standard that was previously introduced by our ATENA Engineering 2D & 3D software. In version 5, there is no need to import results to GiD for post-processing.
The key ATENA v5 features are:
ATENA Studio :
- a unified run-time and post-processing program. This unique program allows full-blown post-processing even while the analysis is in progress
- the unmatched ATENA crack visualization is now also available in ATENA Science
- the new cut and clipping planes for visualization of results inside the analyzed structure
- the new selection feature allows a seamless control of the text output of selected quantities at selected locations
- a new animation feature is now directly in ATENA, so there is no need to use GiD for post-processing
- activities/layers streamline the visualization of complicated 3D results. Activities can be also defined according to a value range of a selected output quantity
- the contour plots are available for a rich set of output quantities at nodes, elements as well as integration points
- a unique visualization of integration point quantities
- 2D graphs can be used to display the evolution of ATENA monitoring points during the analysis. In ATENA Studio, a monitoring point can be created even after the analysis is computed, and the data are automatically extracted from the saved results
- the signal option for locating individual nodes, elements and supported or loaded nodes
The new features in the ATENA solution core:
- 32bit and 64bit version of ATENA Studio facilitates the analysis and post-processing of large 3D problems
- the ATENA transport module was enhanced by a new material for combined heat and moisture analysis
- the boundary conditions for heat and moisture analysis are enhanced by a new condition for convection or radiation exchange with the surrounding environment
- the new CERHYD module can be used to model the hydration heat development during concrete casting and its effect on shrinkage, creep and/or initial cracking
- the available options for nonlinear analysis control have been greatly extended by new features such as automatic step restart and step reduction during convergence problems
- the Microplane model was updated to version M7 based on the latest work by Prof. Bazant and Ferhun Caner
- in Contact/Interface modelling, it is possible to model interfaces with initial opening as well as moving interfaces, i.e. contacts with large relative sliding movements
Improvements in ATENA Engineering 2D & 3D:
- in ATENA Engineering some compatibility problems with Win 7 & 8 operating systems were corrected, such as the crushing of ATENA 2D during runtime visualization and various graphical problems of ATENA 2D
- the new version M7 of the Microplane model is available in ATENA Engineering as well
- ATENA Engineering was also improved by correcting various mistakes in the 2D/3D user interface and solution core
How to update to the new ATENA version 5
If you are a current ATENA user with valid maintenance program, you can directly follow the instructions below. If your maintenance has expired, please contact us at email@example.com for an upgrade quotation.
In order to run ATENA 5 on your computer you need to first update your hardware key. For this you will need the HASP Remote Upgrade utility, which can be downloaded from: http://www.cervenka.cz/downloads/ATENA500/RUS_MDTKB.exe. Then follow the update instructions that are described in the following manual: http://www.cervenka.cz/downloads/ATENA500/HASP_RU_Guide.pdf.
The manual will guide you through the whole process when you will first send us the information about your ATENA key. Based on which we will send you a file to upgrade your key for the new version. Please understand that old keys (HASP4 USB or Parallel) can not be upgraded, and have to be replaced. In this case please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.