The software was developed
with a financial support from
RadWasteCon - Development of Coupling Details for Concrete Containers for Radwaste and Spent Fuel and Modeling of Their Long-Term Performance
RadWasteCon - the ZETA 4* program of TA ČR
Project ID: TJ04000186
Duration: 2020 – 2022
Partners: Czech technical university in Prague – Faculty of civil engineering, Červenka Consulting s.r.o., STAVBY - KOMÍNY, s.r.o., Centrum výzkumu Řež s.r.o.
The primary goal of the RadWaste project is to develop and assess the coupling details of concrete containers used for radwaste and spent fuel in their long-term performance. Main focus of the project is on the gamma radiation effect on concrete in terms of lifetime of mentioned containers. When gamma radiation interacts with concrete matter, the radiolysis of water content occurs which results in increasing gas pressure in the container structure. Therefore, the soundness and impermeability of the coupling details are crucial for the structural anticipated performance. Also, the radiolysis affects the bond between reinforcing bars and concrete due to accelerated corrosion of metal.
The main focus was on effect of gamma rays on concrete that causes deterioration of compressive strength due to water radiolysis and deterioration of bond properties caused by corrosion of steel. In order to make the radiation package complete the neutron induced reduction of mechanical properties based on literature is included.
The necessary experiments of gamma radiation exposure have been performed and the results are incorporated within the newly developed software module. However, the software always aims to be versatile tool for capable engineers therefore the effect of the neutron irradiation is included in our module as well. It is based on the available data in literature.
New simulation module containing Cementitious2RadWaste and Radiation bond are part of ATENA version 5.9.1.
This ATENA version combines Engineering and Science product lines into a single transparent environment allowing users to perform all modelling and simulation in a single, powerfull and user-friendly package:
- 2D and 3D modelling and preprocessing is combined into a single environment,
- curved NURBS lines and surfaces is supported,
- stronger compatibility with ATENA Science,
- import of *.gid models,
- scripting support using Python programming language,
- import of other data formats such as: ifc, iges,
- support for layers as in other modelling programs,
- possibility to develop user defined material libraries as well as materials,
- support for construction process modelling both in 2D and 3D,
- durability models for reinforcement corrosion and alkali-silica reaction,
- modelling and simulation of 3D concrete printing,
- BIM based internal data format,
- our popular AtenaStudio program is used for unique runtime visualization and control,
- fully built on 64-bit technology and supporting larger computer memory capacity and speed.
The GUI of the new module is currently in beta-version of the new ATENA Preprocessor (PRE) within version 6.0. The beta-version of the software can be requested on email: email@example.com.
* This project was co-financed from the state budget by the Technology agency of the Czech Republic under the ZETA 4 Programme.
Get the latest information about new products, updates and releases.
Join the comunity, get answers, share your experience!